Thursday, November 1, 2012

It Begins!


After a few weeks of recovery, its time to get moving again!  I’ve really enjoyed the break from the regimented training schedule, but after a few weeks off, I am really getting the itch to start training again.  I’m ready to go!  It’s funny how the body reacts to a rest period.  First I felt tired all the time as my body recovered.  Then I felt better physically, but not really ready mentally.  Now it’s been just over 4 weeks, and I can’t wait to start training again.  I feel that once I get the motivation and drive back, then I am ready.  I pay a lot of attention to my motivation level throughout the year and feel that it is one of the most important ways our body uses to communicate what is going on in there…and now that I got it back, I know I’m ready.


One thing I’ve learned over the years is that consistency is key when it comes to training.  We all need some recovery, but consistent training year round, over a period of years is key for success.  So it’s a delicate balance of time off vs. training so as soon as the drive comes back, time get back into a consistent training schedule.  Miss too much time, and you lose fitness unnecessarily, and not enough time off and you risk off-season burnout and over-training.  So, with that in mind…Here we go again!

I’m still looking at what races I want to do next year, but at this point it really doesn’t matter.  I know I won’t be racing again until Spring 2013, and I know what I need to do between now and then…Until next time, happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment