Sunday, October 16, 2011

Kona 2011: Getting Ready

Hello Again!  It's been a while since I posted, but here we go.  After Steelhead, I felt my fitness was on track where I needed it to be, so my focus was to continue to hit my key training sessions in each sport as planned with no real changes required (Well I was at least confident in my biking and running fitness, since I couldn't test my swim since it was cancelled....)  Anyway, the last couple of weeks of August was spent finalizing the last minute logistics and race set-up as well as getting ready for the "big show" at the Ironman World Championships in Kona, HI.  The month of September ended up being way busier than expected balancing family, work and training, and maintaining mental focus was the only real challenge I had to face.  Besides that, it was a relatively uneventful month, so I will jump to the exciting part:  2011 Ironman World Championship.  Shortly, I will post about Kona Race Week, and then a full race report.  Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment